Please, my precious brothers and sisters, when discouragement comes, look to the Lord. Use every hard situation, every bad circumstance, every illness—everything—as an opportunity to seek the Lord and rely on Him.
When you are discouraged, I strongly encourage you to remember the promises of God, given to us in the Bible. Many times it has helped me to say these promises out loud, applying their truths to the situations I am facing at that time. Boldly confess that:
• God is a good God. He is my Father (see Romans 8:15).
• The Father loves me the same as He loves Jesus (see John 17:23).
• I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb by grace . . . a new creation (see Revelation 5:9, 2 Corinthians 5:17).
• God is the strength of my life (see Psalm 27:1).
• I can do all things through Christ . . . (see Philippians 4:13).
• The Lord is my Shepherd. I want nothing (see Psalm 23:1).
• Surely He has born my sickness and carried my sorrows, and by His stripes I am healed (see Isaiah 53:5).
• My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches (see Philippians 4:19).
• I can resist the devil, and he will flee from me (see James 4:7).
• No weapon formed against me will prosper (see Isaiah 54:17).
• I am more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ (see Romans 8:37).
• All things work together for my good (see Romans 8:28).
• I am bold as a lion (see Proverbs 28:1).
• He will never leave me nor forsake me (see Hebrews 13:5).
• Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads me with benefits (see Psalm 68:19).
• As the days, so shall my strength be (see Deuteronomy 33:25).
• When I am weak, then I am strong (see 2 Corinthians 12:10).
• Let the weak say I am strong (see Joel 3:10), for the Lord is the strength of my life.
God’s faithfulness and His mercies are new every morning! God wants us to know this. It is beautiful to know the freshness of God and how He restores our souls. Stay encouraged!
© 2004 by KP Yohannan, the president and founder of Gospel for Asia. It was written with the intention of encouraging and edifying the Body of Christ. To learn more about Gospel for Asia or to receive additional free resources, visit Gospel for Asia’s website.